The mission of G.U.E.S.T. (Gloucester United Emergency Shelter Team) is to develop, sustain, and coordinate hypothermic shelter and other needed services for the homeless and near homeless in the Middle Peninsula and Northern Neck area in order to move the homeless population toward self-sufficiency.
Who We Help
In order to qualify, a person or family must be in one of the following situations:
- living on the street
- sleeping in a place not designed for regular sleeping accommodation
- living in a motel paid for by a charitable organization
- living in a place with no running electricity or water
- exiting an institution where they resided for 90 days or less and resided in a place not meant for human habitation immediately before entering institution
- going to imminently lose primary nighttime residence within 14 days
G.U.E.S.T. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion(creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin(ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.